- A child-focused, community-based facility for children up to 18 who are victims of suspected physical or sexual abuse, neglect, or those who have witnessed violence.
- Engages a community response with the following partners: Law Enforcement, Prosecutor’s Office, Medical, Advocacy, Mental Health, and the Advocacy Center.
- Located at NW Pediatrics in Centralia, the YAC provides a “one-stop shop.” This eliminates the need for children having to tell their story of abuse multiple times to different agencies during the investigative process.
- Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County is a member of the United Way of Lewis County.
National and Local Data Report:
Per national statistics 1 in 10 kids will be sexually abused before the age of 18.
In Lewis County, Washington...
- 90% of child victims know their abusers.
- 20% of children are sexually abused before the age 8.
- 60% of child sexual victims never tell anyone.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the internet.
- All services are provided at no cost to child victims and the non-offending family members
- Forensic Interviews – Developmentally appropriate and defensible in court (Age 3-18 & vulnerable adults)
- Multidisciplinary Case Staffing
- SANE—Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners from St. Peter’s Child Sexual Assault Clinic are available for on-site exams
- Victim Advocacy– Support, and Education
- Information & Referral Services
- Multidisciplinary Team Staffing
- Community Outreach
- Education to Organizations
- Darkness to Light—Stewards of Children
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Child Survivors and Family Members
- Coordinate with partners county wide to deliver more efficient services
Remember, if you suspect abuse or believe a child is in danger, please call 911 or CPS at 1-888-713-6115